Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Somedays it says this...

I was encouraging a friend this morning with some scripture and I read Romans 8:37-39 which says this:
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And while I in no way mean to belittle Paul or his amazing understanding of God's love, somedays I'm not wresting with heights and depths and angels and rulers. And while I get the spiritual trues to all that, somedays I just need to read something a tad more, well, .... literal. 

So here was my interpretation on these verses this morning. 

I am sure that neither loads of dirty laundry or piles of unwashed dishes, nor filthy floors or gardens full of weeds, nor messy bathrooms, sleepless nights or stress, nor an exhausted body or needy children, nor emotional depletion from being overworked and under appreciated, no bad hair day or make-up that runs, no clothes that don't fit or shoes out of style, nor guilt, nor self or other imposed condemnation, no distraction, no interruption, no frustration will keep me from remembering the extravagant and tender, precious and personal, unending and costly love that God has for me in Christ Jesus my Lord. 

Somedays I just need the gospel preached right where I am. 

Be encouraged and reminded right now that you are dearly loved and nothing thrown at you today can separate you from Him and His sentimental affections for you.

Sweet Jesus who knows our names and how many hairs are on our heads, may we rest in you today and remember your great love for us above all else. May your name be praised!

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture