Monday, October 25, 2010

One Thousand Gifts


holy experience


I stumbled upon this blog several weeks ago and have been so blessed and encouraged that I had to share it with you and tell about a new desire. I want to cultivate a grateful heart, change my perspective and embrace life.  I am going to count 1000 of God's gifts and blessings as I encounter them.  You can read a more inspiring and elegant telling of where this idea came about here.
“If God has come in the flesh, and if God keeps coming to us in our fleshly experience, then all of life is shot through with meaning. Earth is crammed with heaven, and heaven (when we finally get there) will be crammed with earth. Nothing wasted. Nothing lost. Nothing secular. Nothing absurd…. All are grist for the mill of a down-to-earth spirituality.” ~Paul Stevens
Nothing, wasted, lost, or secular. All is gift and glimpses of Him. So I record His love to give things I love…. The One Thousand Gifts List… 
And so I begin...

1. The stillness and quietness in the house after a full day.
2. My husband.
3. My husband who loves Jesus and faithfully seeks to serve Him.
4. Lucy.
5. Stinky Pete.
6. A warm bed to sleep in and favorite pajamas.
7. A God who speaks.

Lord God, is there no end to your goodness? Surely it will follow me all the days of my life. Give me eyes to see, Lord.

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture