Monday, February 22, 2010

Super Mom or Abiding Mom

My girlfriend Vanderly, sent this to me and I must confess that more than one of these cut me to the core.

Super Mom

Abiding Mom

Does

Is (Psalm 46:10)

Tries to impress others

Pleases the Lord (Eph. 5:10,Proverbs 29:25)

Is controlled by an agenda(curriculum, schedule, etc)

Is controlled by the Holy Spirit: (Gal. 5:22-26) (Uses curriculum & schedules as tools for orderliness so she's more free to follow the spirit)

Her self worth is found in her accomplishments (clean house, perfect kids, the perfect bulletin boards, etc.)

Her self worth is found in an accurate view of who she is in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:10)

Her peace is found in the “perfect” environment

Her peace is found in Jesus in the midst of any storm (Is 26:3)

She is discouraged by failure

Failure reminds her that God's strength is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor. 12:9-10)

She expects perfection from herself and others

She practices grace with herself and others (Eph 4:32)

She teaches her kids to be good

She teaches her kids to be Godly (Proverbs 22:6)

She is frustrated with her lack of spiritual fruit

She abides in Christ and bears much fruit (John 15:5)

She does things with her children

She builds a relationship with her children (Deut 6:6-7)

Her perspective is based on what is seen

Her perspective is based on what is unseen (Col 3:2)

She chooses quantity of activities

She chooses the most excellent Way (I Cor 13)


































Lord Jesus, my natural self runs to be a super mom, but deep within I long to be a mom who abides in You. Thank you for grace that does not condemn, but rather corrects and guides. Help me to follow You as I know they are following me. You are the most excellent way.

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture