Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gospel planting

Several months ago, our Pastor Jesse really challenged The Roots Community to be intentional in sharing the gospel.  Purposefully, intentionally making and building relationships with people to gain the opportunity to love, serve and be Jesus to them.

 

This is an area where I am very weak.  As a stay-at-home homeschool mom, I don't have opportunities to share Jesus with people the way that others might that are in the work force, or other traffic patterns of life. I am blessed with a circle of friends that already know and love Jesus.  And while ‘church’ is a valid place for connection and ministry, it CAN NOT be the only place this happens.   

 

I am being intentional in visiting the nursing home and the girls and I have made a list of some summer service projects.  However, I have a really great opportunity that has presented itself before me which I think will be absolutely ideal.

 

About month ago a girlfriend gave me a pass to come to an aerobics class with her at the gym close to my house.  After the class, the gym offered me a month long free pass. I was ELATED and have been going faithfully every morning (M-F) at 5:30 in the morning with the girlfriend that initially invited me.  

 

I absolutely LOVE it!  I love the feeling of accomplishment for getting up early and starting the day.  I love that I am getting my temple in shape (see my New Year’s resolutions). I love that I feel better, stronger, and have more energy.  But my favorite part is the anticipation of making relationships so that I can have a chance to share the love of Jesus.  This is the exact kind of opportunity that I need in order to be intentional.

 

In the past month I have gotten to know the girl that works at the front desk. Her name is Laura and we have had some really great conversations. I am excited to get to know her better and find out how I can serve her.

 

I have also started going to a group fitness class. One of the great things about group fitness is that people come because they don’t want to do it alone! It is a great opportunity for a connection point. Regular, frequent interaction where I can form a relationship.  I am noticing that after class, people are open to talk and connect and I am trying to make the most of these opportunities.

 

This is where you come in.  

 

My free month ended and it is not in our budget for me to continue to go to the gym. I have prayed and asked God to provide and enable me to continue to go and I felt him say to me, "Just ask!"  

 

So this is me, asking.

 

This is what I need to join:

 

 - $67.00 Deposit

 - $35.00 per month

 

While this is not a lot - it is more than we have.

 

A friend has committed to sponsor me for half of the monthly costs. This means that all I need is the deposit of $67.00 and roughly $18.00 a month.  I am seeking a 6-month sponsorship - from now through December.

 

Are you willing to partner with me as I intentionally take the gospel to the gym?

 

Maybe there are several of you who would commit to just $5.00 a month for only 6 months.

 

There are a couple of ways you can give.  The first is right here on my blog.  Scroll down a bit and on the right is a tab that says “Partner in Ministry with Us”.  Be sure to put that the donation is for Rachel Pueschell in the memo portion.  Or you can mail a check to The Roots Community PO Box 2856 DavenportFL  33836. Again, make sure to note my name on your check.  Your donations are tax deductible and you will receive a statement at the end of the year. 

 

If you are interested you can let me know by commenting on this post or by emailing me at freedomrach@yahoo.com

 

Thank you so much! I know that God is faithful and he will bless your generosity as you sow into the work of expanding His kingdom. 


No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture