Friday, June 5, 2009

Because I needed this today

I read this blog today and I wanted to share some of these good thoughts:
A mother’s job is gigantic!” I know some of what you are going through.  For over 20 years I labored, training and educating between 20 and 30 children, every day, for the bulk of the day.  I did everything but feed ‘em and tuck ‘em into bed at night.  It is a thrilling thing to come up under child after child and lift them to lofty heights.  It takes all of your vital energy.  But there is no duty more glorious in the end.  To see your children reach adulthood, devoted to the Heavenly Father, thoroughly educated, accomplished, capable, refined in as many areas as is possible is a joy unspeakable.  Love and serve your children, be to them everything they need, and in so doing, He will be to you everything you need. Just do the next thing, and stay focused on your great task.  Helen Keller said, “I long to accomplish some great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.”

No wonder I feel so tired! haha

Jesus, I need you! Please give me wisdom, energy and discipline.  Shine through me so my children see you. Help me to remember the end goal on days I feel like I wanna quit. Thank you that You are everything I need.

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture