Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1st! Time for a new verse!

I totally forgot to tell you the verse I was working on the last part of Feb. Oops! It was John 6:29 - Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent,"

I'm staying in that vein of obedience and keeping in step with the Spirit. Learning what my work is - trusting and keeping in step with the lover of my soul. That bring me to my next verse. The last half of Isaiah 28:16 says this:
Whoever believes will not be in haste.
I first read this over at Ann Voskamp's blog. If you follow me on twitter, you already know that I'm a big fan of hers. She is also the one that inspired the One Thousand Gifts posts -a dare to live life fully.  Her post that mentions this verse spoke to my heart. You can read it here.

Not being in haste. Not rushing ahead. That's a big one for me! I am an achiever, so short term accomplished goals make me feel very successful! Too often I miss the beauty and gift of the moment because I'm trying to check off what's next on my list. Believing in Him and not rushing ahead. He knows where I am and speaks to me through his Word, equiping me to be what he as called me to be! How awesome is our God!?

How about you? What are you tucking away in your heart? What is God speaking to you? Be encouraged today, He knows where you are and has a word for you too!

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture