Friday, February 4, 2011

Well there's something you don't see everyday!

I had a follow up visit with the Dr. today about my leg. He had x-rays done to make sure all is well. All but one of the incisions have healed great. Swelling is down and I'm off crutches and out of the "Go-go-gadget-boot".  He gave me some antibiotics to help the last incision heal up as there is an infection, and a prescription for some physical therapy to get me back in full swing. On the way out, my x-ray was up on the monitor in the main office. I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture.

Check out the holes in my bone!!


The blue arrows point out the (4) holes where the screws were. The red arrow points to a broken part of a screw that didn't make it out. The Dr. says it's like shrapnel now, in there forever.  Just above the bottom blue arrow is where the initial break was years ago (am I old enough to say years ago?) from a car wreck. It's thick there because they had to add coral to help it heal. The Dr. here actually removed a lot of excess bone in there and this is still what's left! Wowza!

You may now commence the loose screw jokes. HA!

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture