Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Spinach Quiche

I made this yummy recipe for my group last night. It's one of my favorites!

Ingredients:
2 deep dish pie crusts (frozen)
1/2 cup chopped onion
6 slices bacon ( I use a lb of sausage instead)
8 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk, light cream or half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chopped fresh spinach
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( I use more)
1/2 shredded Swiss cheese ( I use more)

1. Line the frozen pastry shells with a double thickness of foil. Bake at 450 for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 4 more minutes.

2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion and bacon (or sausage) till onion is tender and bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels.

3. In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs slightly with a fork. Stir in sour cream; half-and-half light cream or milk; salt and pepper. Stir in onion mixture, spinach, mozzarella and Swiss cheeses.

4. Pour egg mixture into hot pastry shells. (Tip: Set pie shells on cookie sheets to bake in case of spilling.) Bake at 325 for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Banana bread, blueberry muffins or mixed berries with whipped cream are all great go-alongs!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds really good, definitely something my husband (a real man who loves quiche) would enjoy. I've printed it out and plan to try it soon. Thanks for sharing!

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture