Monday, August 16, 2010

Be Bold

Mike is out of town on a leadership retreat for a week. While he is gone, I started reading a book given to all the wives of the men going on this retreat. It's called Sacred Influence by Gary Thomas. I am only on the 3d chapter but I have already highlighted half the book!

There was a short paragraph that really impacted me and I wanted to share it with you:

The person who never goes out on a limb will never, it is true, have the limb cut off while he is on it, but neither will he reach the best fruit. The best fruit which human life offers seem to come only within the reach of those who face life boldly...with no excessive concern for possible failure and personal danger. The good life is always the gambler's choice, and comes to those who take sides. Neutrality is seldom a virtue.

This speaks to me in so many areas. Deuteronomy 31:8 says this: The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you . Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Thank you Jesus, that you have the best in mind for me. Thank you that you long to give me the adventure and excitement of the climb. Forgive me for being fearful and forgetting the truth that you are with me and will never cut the limb out from under me except for when you give me wings to fly! I want the good fruit lord. I know it gives you much glory. I'm ready!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Good stuff, Rachel, I enjoyed our car chats! I can't wait to start reading this book. I do believe I am going to do that before bed! (Which is clearly going to be late...I think tomorrow may be a jammies til noon kind of day.)

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture