Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How will you tell the story?

This morning I went walking and was listening to a podcast from a church in California called Mosaic. The speaker was telling a personal story and concluded with these two statements:

Life associated with faith involves risk.

When faced with a risk, that is the moment you get to decide "For the rest of my life how will I tell this story?" It will either be a story of being a coward or a story of courage.  

Psalm 91

 1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High 
       will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

 2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, 
       my God, in whom I trust."

 3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare 
       and from the deadly pestilence.

 4 He will cover you with his feathers, 
       and under his wings you will find refuge; 
       his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

 5 You will not fear the terror of night, 
       nor the arrow that flies by day,

 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, 
       nor the plague that destroys at midday.

 7 A thousand may fall at your side, 
       ten thousand at your right hand, 
       but it will not come near you.

 8 You will only observe with your eyes 
       and see the punishment of the wicked.

 9 If you make the Most High your dwelling— 
       even the LORD, who is my refuge-

 10 then no harm will befall you, 
       no disaster will come near your tent.

 11 For he will command his angels concerning you 
       to guard you in all your ways;

 12 they will lift you up in their hands, 
       so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

 13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; 
       you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

 14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; 
       I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

 15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; 
       I will be with him in trouble, 
       I will deliver him and honor him.

 16 With long life will I satisfy him 
       and show him my salvation."


Every step of faith is a risk and a step into His shadow.  

How will you tell the story?

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture