Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stable

I think I might be suffering from motion sickness due to my out of control emotions.  In one thought, I am so hopeful and without any care or stress, but then the next my thoughts are spinning out of control with all my worries.  It seems I posses the ability to worry about absolutely everything!  I used to pride myself on not being a worrier - in fact I would often quote the line from Steel Magnolias that Julia Robert's character says to her mom: ' I'm not worrying mom because I know your worrying enough for the both of us!' Lately however, this is not a truth for me. It was pretty entertaining to me that one of Lauren's vocab words this week was pitch - as in swaying from side to side or leaning.  Coincidence? 

For some unknown reason it all seems to be harder this week.  Oh no wait, I know!  That's right. One of my verses that I am memorizing this month is this:

Isaiah 33:6 He is the constant source of stability (don't you LOVE that??); He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; He gives all this to those who fear Him. (New English Translation)

Thank you Jesus that you are my stability!  Especially when it feels like my world is a roller coaster in the dark.  Thank you for keeping me safe even from my own emotions.

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture