Monday, January 5, 2009

January homeschool

I am so excited about what a good day we had today.  I worked out a new school schedule for us and implemented it today.  It was a great success!  We got so much accomplished today all before noon.  It was wonderful.  

This month we are doing a several bug units.   I use a unit based curriculum, FIAR, that uses 1 book all week as a base for all our subjects. It is a great curriculum that I highly recommend. This week's book is The Bee Tree, and for social studies today we learned about Michigan and the Yukon - settings in the book.  Tomorrow for language arts we will review onomatopoeia examples (you know, words that sound like what they are describing). Wednesday for art we will take a look at music and stringed instruments. Thursday is math and we will learn about hexagons - the shape of honeycombs and Friday will be science and we will learn about bees.  Next week we will do Truman's Ant Farm, and I'm hoping that we will be able to get a small ant farm, week three will be The Salamander Room and the last week of the month we are gonna study butterflies.  

I'm so thankful to get back into a routine and excited for a fun month of learning.  I will post some pics of Lucy's lap books to show all she has learned this month.

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture