Saturday, April 28, 2012

Celebration Sunday


Our previous pastor of my church family instituted regular prayer services and celebration services in the mix of whatever given sermon series. It's a wonderful thing. I love going to hear a message that God has laid on a pastor's heart, but I have come to love just as much the times we corporately seek God in prayer and the times we choose to stop, look around and celebrate what God has done and is doing. It is a gift to be able to take the time corporately to do this.

This week is a celebration Sunday and I am in the mood to celebrate! I've had an icky few weeks of God showing me my ugly heart. It is my usual nature to wallow in this recognition and beat myself up a bit. However, this time there has been progress. So clearly I heard Jesus speak to me heart the words of John 8:11 "Go and sin no more." It is of no benefit to punish myself for an issue that Christ has already paid for. He willingly took the beating that I know I deserve. Now my job, since he has pointed out the problem, is to go and change that behavior. And in the grace that's given with no ounce of condemnation, what love fills my heart to make the change!

So, this week as I gather with my local community of believer to celebrate Jesus, I'm excited.  I am celebrating Jesus' perfect life - a life that I can hide in because I'm not perfect. I am celebrating Jesus' blood spilled on Calvary - blood that covers me and grants my sinful heart access to a holy God. And I am celebrating Jesus' powerful resurrection - a resurrection that brings this dead heart to life and life more abundantly.

This is the day the Lord has made. I will be glad and celebrate!

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture