Saturday, March 12, 2011

Praying for my kids

This week has bee a tough one. Some school issues came to a boiling point and I made some parenting decisions that brought out every insecure thought I've ever had. No doubt about it, parenting is the toughest thing I've ever done!

I have been reading the sample kindle download of Scared Parenting while I'm waiting on my copy to come from the library and my heart is so convicted.  I am reminded again of the simple truth that must prevail in a life following Jesus: It's not about me! I wish I could figure out why I so easily forget this!! I have such a fresh appreciation of the Father's patience with me and his great love!

Now that the school week is over and I prepare for next week, I want to lift my girls up to the one who loves them more than I ever could. I'm using Sharon Jaynes prayer cards.
Precious Jesus,
          I pray that my girls will know you as Savior early in life. (Psalm 63:1 2 Timothy 3:15)
I pray that my girls will have a hatred for sin. (Psalm 97:10) 
I pray that Lucy and Stinky Pete will be caught when they are guilty. (Psalm 119:71) 
I pray my children will have a responsible attitude in all their relationships. (Daniel 6:3)  
I pray my girls will respect those in authority over them. (Romans 13:1) 
I ask you Jesus to give my kids a desire for the right kind of friends and be protected from the wrong ones. (Proverbs 1:10-11) 
Jesus, keep my girls from the wrong mates and saved for the right ones. (2 Corinthians 6:14-17) 
I pray that Lucy and Stinky Pete will be kept pure until marriage as well as the ones they will marry. (1 Corinthians 6:18-20) 
I pray that my girls will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all things. (James 4:7) 
I pray that my children will be single-hearted and willing to be sold out to Christ. (Romans 12:1-2) 
I pray that Lucy and Stinky Pete will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people and wrong places and that the wrong people cannot find their way to them. (Hosea 2:6)

Jesus, may my girls know your great love for them. Draw them in to you, woo them and bind yourself to their hearts. May they sense your presence daily, intimately, and undeniably.  May they see you for who you are and fall deeper and deeper in love with you each day. Jesus, open their eyes to see truth. Give them wisdom and guidance. Enable them to be strong, firm leaders who are sensitive to your voice and quick to be obedient. Thank you Jesus for the gift of life! How amazing is the blessing to be a mom!

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture