Saturday, November 13, 2010

Praying for the kids

The same way that I am praying for my man, I gotta include my kids.  A couple of months ago at a women's retreat, I found out about an outstanding organization called Moms In Touch.  They have groups that meet all over the country for this amazing ministry.  I can't encourage you enough to go check it out. At the retreat, the leader took us through a time of prayer for our kids that was intense for me and called me out to be a praying mom, so I thought it'd be really cool if we prayed for our kids together just like we are praying for our men.  If you don't have kids, maybe you would consider praying for a niece or nephew, some neighbor hood kids, or your local elementary or high school.

The following is a prayer guide from Moms in Touch: ( forgive me praying their blog nicknames! haha)
Loving Father, I pray that my girls will know that Jesus is the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except though Him. (John 14:6)
I ask that You command Your angels concerning Lucy and Stink Pete to guard them in all their ways. (Psalm 91:11)
I pray that my precious girls will hide Your Word in their heart that they might not sin against You. (Psalm 119:11)
I pray that Lucy and Stinky Pete would flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. (2 Timothy 2:22)
I pray that my girls will not be misled: bad company corrupts good character. (1 Corinthians 15:33)
I pray that my children will walk before You faithfully and with wholehearted devotion, and do what is good in Your eyes. (Isaiah 38:3)
May the Lord give Lucy and Stinky Pete a new heart and put a new spirit in them; may He remove their hearts of stone and give them a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26)
I pray that my children will be strong and courageous, and do the work. That they will not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God is with Lucy and Stinky Pete. Lord, you will not fail Lucy or Stinky Pete or forsake them. You will see to it that all the work of the Lord is finished correctly. (1 Chronicles 28:20)
Let my children not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time they will reap a harvest if they do not give up. (Galations 6:9)
Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, may Lucy and Stinky Pete clothe themselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (Colossians 3:12)
I pray that my girls may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured. (Colossians 4:12)
I pray that Lucy and Stinky Pete may be peacemakers who plant seeds of peace and reap harvests of righteousness. (James 3:18)
I pray that my children may submit themselves, then, to God. Resisting the devil and he will flee. (James 4:7)
I pray that whatever Lucy and Stinky Pete do, they will work at it with all their heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since my girls know they they will receive and inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ my children are serving. (Colossians 3:23-24)
So Lucy and Stinky Pete, be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will never fail you nor abandon you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Thank you Jesus, that you are faithful and will complete the good work in them that you have started!  I give you my children, Jesus, and I give you all praise!

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture