Monday, June 28, 2010

Resisting

Not long before we left FL, I had the chance to sit around the table with my pastor Jesse and we we discussed the theology of generations past verses today. He said something that locked in and resonated with me and I heard it again this week as I had an opportunity to chat with Dave, the pastor here at Trinity. This is what grabbed me:
Are we trying to transfer knowledge or working toward transformation?

The scriptures teach us that transformation comes from renewing our mind. I've confessed to you before a critical heart and I want to be transformed, so here is the new verse I gonna work on and expect change from.

Ephesians 4:29 says this: Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

How about you? What verse can bring some revolution in your life? Want to join in memorizing with me?

Lord Jesus, your word is full of teachings that describe how the heart and the tongue are connected. I don't just want to know what you say, I want a radical turnover. Create in me a clean heart oh God and renew a right spirit within me. Have your way in me Lord.

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture