Thursday, December 31, 2009

What will 2010 bring?

Today is the last day of the year! The last two and a half weeks have been so hectic - good, but hectic. I'm so glad to be home today.

A couple of weeks ago Mike I felt a release from serving The Roots Community Church. As we are seeking the next step that the Lord has for us I have been thinking a lot of about some goals that I want to accomplish this upcoming year. These are the few things that I'd really like to focus on as we transition into another chapter of our lives.

- I am really going to get this extra weight off! This one was on my list last year, and I did loose about 10 pounds, but I found them again and a couple of their friends! I am using this verse as reminder motivation (substituting stealing with overeating).

-I would like to read the bible through. I've never done that before and I'm going to use this guide. I also want to brush up on my verses that I memorized this year.

-I am going to work on being a better listener this year. I want to be quicker to hear the Lord speak to me as well as my family and friends. Listening is a vital part of connecting with people; loving them as we have been called to do. It is so easy to be thinking of my response when people are talking in stead of really taking in what they are saying. I am really lazy with this and it will be an intentional attack on selfishness and engaging the discipline of self control.

-I want to read the book of Proverbs every month. One chapter everyday. I need some wisdom to be ingrained in my mind.

-I want to put into practice the tools that we learned in Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. We are going to work really hard at getting out of debt this year!

Feels like lofty goals. They are. But anything worth having is worth fighting for. I want to fight my selfishness, gluttony, apathy, laziness and lack of self control. He has already given me everything I need for life and godliness and I know that I can do all things through Him. I also know that as I delight myself in Him, He gives me the desires of my heart. You and I are not a victims but victors and we can fight this good fight. How's that for a motivational pep talk?

How about you? What do you want to accomplish in 2010?

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture