Monday, July 6, 2009

The "One Anothers"

I have been wanting to write this post for some time, but I'm so good at excuses. Alas here it is.

I have mentioned several times about reading this book and I am really enjoying it. I think no matter how long I've been married, it's always good to be reminded of the basics. There is no earthly relationship of more value to me than the one with my man.

There is a list of verses in the study portion of this book that I want to share. Since the book is about marriage, of coarse the author means for them to be directed toward my spouse, but really, they are about anyone you find yourself in relationship with.

The following are from the NIV translation.

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Galatians 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Ephesians 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Hebrews 10:25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

James 4:11 Brothers, do not slander one another.

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

1 Peter 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.

1 Peter 5:5 Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,
"God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble."

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another.

Jesus, help to treat the others in my life in the ways You have instructed me. Help me to remember how gracious, loving and patient You are with me. May I be an extension of You to the others You have placed in my life.

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture