Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's the 15th...

...and I love the verses that my teacher has chosen to memorize this time:

"I have resolved that my mouth will not sin." Psalm 17:3b NIV

"Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips." Psalm 141:3 NIV

I have prayed the 2nd one over myself so many times but I didn't know where it was in Scripture. And now in light of some recent personal events, these verses seem so much more important. Proverbs 18:21 says that life and death are in the power of the tongue.

My teacher closed out with these (piercing to me) thoughts:
Perhaps you'll be able to tell from my selection this time that I am, once again, working on something in particular. I'm not just looking to memorize, Sister. I'm looking to change. Scripture memory alone will just make you arrogant. Lapping up those Scriptures like they are the only spring in your desert will make you different.
Jesus, may the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you. I know that you despise a prideful heart. That is not who I want to be. Please make me different.

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture