Saturday, May 16, 2009

Need to exchange anything?

This has been a tough week.  I can make a long list of things that are frustrating me in life right now.  Making that list has no positive benefits.

This morning I was posting my verse for the 15th of the month on the LPM Blog and I read this anonymous prayer that had been posted by a sister in Christ:
Lord God, bless this sister tonight. Fill her with love for her accusers. Joy in her sorrow. Peace in the storms. Patience for her children and even for You as she waits for this to pass. Your ways are not ours and too often we don't understand that Your timing is always the best. Fill her with kindness when others are unkind. Goodness when she feels like being wicked. Faithfulness in seeking You. Give her gentleness as she has to answer others' ugliness. Self-control of her thoughts, words, and deeds. In short, Lord God, FILL HER WITH YOUR HOLY SPIRIT. That she can sing with joy beneath the shadow of Your wings. (Psalm 63:7)

We love YOU, God, and hold our sister up to You in prayer.
Amen.

This was not written to me, but it is for me! 


Jesus, you know my heart. It seems all I can ever bring before You is my trash. While it certainly is no gift, it truly is all I have to offer.  Thank you that You take it and You fill me with You in exchange.  I need You Jesus, more than my next breath. 



Incidentally my verse for this half of the month is Romans 12:17 "Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone." The Message.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just thought I'd say hello from one Florida homeschooling momma to another :O)

what a beautiful prayer, and a Gracious God we serve!

Blessings.

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture