Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The beauty of the Lord

It's the 1st of the month and time for another verse.  This time I want to memorize Psalm 90:17
And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, 
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes establish the work of our hands.

I had initially picked it when I heard it a couple of weeks ago in my Esther study.  My teacher made reference to it in context of not being vain.  Meaning, if anyone sees beauty in me, let it only be the LORD and His beauty they see.  I really love that!  Especially in today's society where physical appearance is of high, high value.

But then, Sunday at Roots, I heard some more thoughts that really made me want to take this verse in.  

In the closing of Jesse's message, he mentioned how when we see the beauty of God, we are moved and taken to a right perspective.  For example, we would not stand before the Grand Canyon and say "WOW! Look how great I am!" but rather we are humbled and in awe of something that is bigger than ourselves and the beauty that is before us.

That is the beauty that I want to rest on me.  Beauty that draws people to the heart of God. Beauty that gives inspiration and hope.  Beauty that establishes the work of my hands.

 
Lord Jesus, may my heart be a place that is fitting for You to rest on me.
 May Your beauty be only what anyone sees on me.

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture