Friday, January 30, 2009

Harassed and Scattered

I have been reading through Matthew lately and today this passage jumped at me.  The NKJV says it like this:
Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.  Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
My bible has a foot note on the word weary.  It says that other translations read harassed.

Harassed and scattered, boy are those words that describe me at times.  Anyone else? As I pondered what it means to be harassed and scattered, I reread the words just before that;

He was moved with compassion for them.  

He is moved with compassion when He sees me harassed, weary, fainted, helpless, confused, aimless, bewildered, distressed, dejected, scattered - like a sheep that has no shepherd.  

My Jesus is moved when He sees you and I stressed.     

What a thought.

No comments:

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture