Monday, September 29, 2008

Bring out the best

This has been such a great weekend.  Church Sat night at The Roots Community (the church plant Mike and I are involved in) was really encouraging.  I was reminded of some practical truths about the Armor of God.  Sunday morning Mike led worship for a Church plant in Bartow called Christ Connection and we brought a fellow Roots Community church planter, Kevin Hendricks, with us to preach and He did a great job.  I was challenged with thoughts about what I value and treasure.  Then this morning I went walking. I listened to one of my favorite church's podcast (Mosaic) and the speaker was talking about discipline.  While  he was going on about the message and giving some great words of wisdom, he quickly in describing the Church said "we want to be the kind of place that helps bring out the best in people."

What a load of bricks for me!!   I don't go through life and think "how can I bring out the worst in people", but it is so easy to see other's faults and weaknesses first and then dwell on them.  I don't know why that struck me so powerfully, especially, because I happen to think that I am a pretty positive person. But I think the Lord is calling me to be a better person daily, as He is everyone, and this is something I don't purposely do.  

How can I help bring out the best in people?  What a great question!

Hebrews 10:24 from the Amplified Bible says this: And let us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up (stimulate and incite) to love and helpful deeds and noble activities.

May we be able to look for the best and not the worst in others today.

1 comment:

Caron said...

Darling, I am so proud of who you are, a beautiful Christian woman, wife and mother. The Lord has blessed me with you as my daughter and I thank Him every day. Your insight into His word leaves me breathless at times. May He continue to bless you beyond measure. I love you, mom

Leelou Blogs
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture